Raise your hand if you are sick of the much anticipated revival of Arrested Development on Netflix and in theaters soon? Screw you then and don’t ever come back.
Now that we have weeded out the unintelligent bastards that do not appreciate great comedy and overall great shows, I can get on with the rest of this article with the smart people in tow. Yesterday, the messiah of this journey back to the Bluths, Mitchell Hurwitz, was present with a bunch of the cast from AD in Las Vegas for a Netflix sponsored event. What was said, was pretty glorious. Major tidbits in my opinion?
- The fourth season will premiere with all the episodes on one day. So yeah, time to schedule that day off sometime next year.
- Production on the season begins this summer.
- The episodes will focus on one character each with a self-contained story, which Hurwitz adds that it is starting to take shape like the old show was. Score.
- Scott Baio will have a job that’s not on VH1.
- Showtime also was involved in the end to get the show but Netflix offered a better model and fan base in Hurwitz’s opinion.
- Hurwitz would be open to more seasons on Netflix. Wishful thinking perhaps? Or pipe dream, who knows…
There’s more stuff on Vulture’s site so check that out but hey, Arrested Development Season 4 released all on one day? Yes please. However, they did NOT talk about the movie, but I’ll take what I can get at this point. So expect that petition to save Steve Holt to pick up steam. STEVE HOLT!